St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, Baltimore, Maryland
St. Mary's of the Assumption Catholic Cemetery is located on Homeland Avenue in the northern part of Baltimore City, between Charles Street and York Road.
The cemetery is located across the parking lot from the former site of the original school and the original St. Mary's. The original church now is part of the cemetery as well. Both the church and school moved a few blocks to the east and the approximate 6-acre site of the cemetery remains. There are approximately 1227 names of individuals that are buried within this cemetery. These may be broken into two separate groups, those buried before 1940 and those buried after 1970. The time in between these dates, while there were sporadic burials occurring, the cemetery, for the most part, was closed. The cemetery has several first generation families that had their origins in Ireland, and the towns of origin are on the tombstones as well. This cemetery is still in operation today and interments still occur, if only occasionally.
The cemetery was read and imaged in July 2003. The database and associated images are the copyrighted work of William E. Wilson, Jr. who generously supplied them to the Allen County Public Library for distribution to individual genealogical researchers.
The database does not store the surname separately from the first name, so you'll have to enter either the first name or surname. If searching for both, enter as Doe, John.