Riverside Cemetery, Plymouth, Wayne County, Michigan
Riverside Cemetery was established on Feb. 3, 1880 on property purchased by the village of Plymouth from Franklin and Ellen Shattuck in 1877. Additional property was added in 1921. The cemetery is located on Plymouth Road one half mile east of Lilly Road in back of the 35th District Court House. The entrance is on Plymouth Road next to the court. Riverside Cemetery is maintained by the City of Plymouth.
In 1962, Arthur Booth, Virginia Everham, Elizabeth Erwin, Elizabeth Harlan, and Minnie Millbrook from the Detroit Genealogical Society made original transcriptions of the Riverside Cemetery tombstones. This document can be found in the Burton Historical Library (74W4 718 E93). Additional transcriptions were supplied by Linda Ball of the American Local History Network, Plymouth Historical Museum, and family members. Burial Records supplied by: the Municipal Services of City of Plymouth, Schrader Funeral Home, and the archives of the Plymouth Historical Museum.
The data was provided by Garry D. Packard who generously supplied it to the Genealogy Center for distribution to individual genealogical researchers. Mr. Packard states, "Great care was taken to make the information correct and to exclude any information related to living persons." For additional information about individuals or families found in this database, please contact the Archivist, c/o Plymouth Historical Museum, 155 S. Main St., Plymouth, MI 48170; phone (734) 455-8940.
This database may be searched in the following ways:
- Fuzzy -- will search for that string of characters. Searching for Smith would find Smith, Smithson, Arrowsmith, etc.
- Exact -- will search only for that exact text. Searching for Smith will find only Smith.
- Soundex -- will search for the Soundex equivalent. Searching for Smith will find Smith, Smythe, Schmidt, etc.