Mount Pleasant Methodist Church, Kosciusko County, Indiana
This church was located in Claypool, Kosciusko County, Indiana. The first Methodist Episcopal services were conducted in the area in 1837 by Rev. Elza Van Schoick, a Methodist Episcopal minister. The first Sunday School was organized in 1840. Soon a hewn log building was erected and served as a church and schoolhouse for 20 years. In 1860 a frame building replaced it, and in 1914 a brick structure took its place. The Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church closed June 1993.