Students of Central Normal College, Danville, Indiana (1877-1934)
Indexed by Meredith Thompson, 2009.
Central Normal College was originally in Ladoga, Indiana. It moved to Danville, Indiana in 1878 and existed under that name until 1946. The school was reorganized in 1947 as Canterbury College and existed under that name until 1951, when it closed.
This index was compiled from the list of students that was published in the school's annual catalog for the years 1877 through 1934. No catalogs could be found for 1924 or 1933.
The Danville Public Library has a collection of materials about Central Normal College, including annual catalogs, yearbooks and student newspapers.
This database may be searched in the following ways:
- Fuzzy -- will search for that string of characters. Searching for Smith would find Smith, Smithson, Arrowsmith, etc.
- Exact -- will search only for that exact text. Searching for Smith will find only Smith.
- Soundex -- will search for the Soundex equivalent. Searching for Smith will find Smith, Smythe, Schmidt, etc.